Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Getting my first guide scope - opinions anyone?

Hello All,

I've some Amazon vouchers burning a hole in my pocket so while it's cloudy and I'm waiting for a replacement control board for the mount, I'm looking at getting a guide scope.

Celestron 102 wide view

Celestron 102mm Wide View: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

This looks quite reasonable and at f5 is a pretty close match for the f4.7 of the newtonian.

I'm going to be hooking it up to one of these for guiding

Orion StarShoot AutoGuider

Regards

Keithp

Many thanks for the reply adamsp123,

nice to know someone is actually reading the help section and putting forward suggestions. Erm...I don't have a problem with the QYH5, although some others do:D however I was asking about the guide scope... I'd already said I was hooking it up to that cam.

I've already aquired the guide cam, no thanks to FLO (and I appreciate they had problems over the weekend with a powercut, but really you don't let the business suffer for a jolly....not not going there) for not answering my PMs, bought from telescopehouse.com, ordered on Monday, despatched on Tuesday and gratefully receive on Wenesday, superb service.. Telescopehouse.com.

please don't take this the wrong way...

This is the second request for help where the original question has been ignored (okay overlooked).

I don't mind someone saying something is better than what I am suggesting I might buy, but if I ask for help on a bit of kit then I'm hoping for people's opinions of that bit of kit...it's rubbish, it'll do, it will work, but you might want to consider...etc.

Again adamsp123, many thanks for the reply:icon_salut: but do you have an opinion on the celestron 102 wide view as a guide scope?

Regards

Keithp

Steve...don't you dare, got me amazon vouchers saved up and the've only got one left:(

Couple of more surveys to payout and I'm there.

Not bad though.. about £2K of kit for about £400 of actual real money...

:o

Regards

Keithp

Steve,

He well may have, but I've already taken advantage of Arthur's offers, some very nicely machined dovetails [3], guide scope rings... and I'm hoping to confince him 'Arhurs' knobs'... not sure how far it will go though....sorry Arthur...

Regards

Keithp

Archived