Narrowband

Quick and dirty Messier frenzy

MartinB

Got busy last night. Jupiter then some moon captures. Some HA and OIII subs of M57. Tried to get some M51 RGBs but all bleached out by moon and generally bright sky. Gave up in the end. Had a look at Starry Night for some quick messiers. Using NS8 with fastar and atik 2HS. Even with the gain turned right down everything started to turn white after 10 secs.

Felt like a snappy happy Japanese tourist :) The scope can't be used visually with the fastar in place but the goto brought everything onto the chip pretty well spot on. all images 5x10 sesc

image.jpg

M11 - wild duck cluster

image.jpg

M15

image.jpg

M29

image.jpg

M39

image.jpg

M52

image.jpg

M71

image.jpg

M94 - pretty dreadful but shows how impossible it was to image galaxies

image.jpg

M63 - sunflower galaxy. Actually taken around 2.30 30th may when had similar trouble.

had a lot of fun :)

Nice one Martin, great series you've got there, don't forget to update your messier signature image thingy, you've probably doubled it since you last updated it!!!

Great sketch Andrew, nice to see a sketch for a change :)

Quick and dirty? ooOOoo I say Doc, steady on :) Some super images there Martin 8)

:) Peering at a laptop screen is about as racy as I get Caz sad to say...except in my boat...and a few other things :)

Archived