SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Cases are just as much as (if not more than) the telescope!

For eyepieces and other related stuff, I use an aluminium case, lined with foam, that I bought from Maplins for about £19. I carry my charts and sketching stuff in a seperate bag.

I also have a large wheeled box, bought from B&Q around 4 years ago for around £7 and I can get everything in that, and it doubles up as a neat, if a tad short, table. The only problem with this is that it is now filled with assorted Rubbish and I need to sort it out before I can use it for my astronomy stuff again!

For taking my 80mm f5 refractor and accessories on flights I bought a Lowenpro padded camera rucksack. Room in there for my binos too.

For car trips with my 12-inch flextube I lie the scope uncovered in the boot, sufficiently protected by surrounding paraphenalia to stop it rolling around. My eyepieces are in a camera bag with some foam cut to accomodate them.

Archived