SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Tak FS128 - any imaging experience?

Hello,

Have a TOA130 bought used, for litlle less than FS128 pries anounced. TOA is not very often available in the used market but I really believe it worth the difference as being a triplet besides the different optical design (heavy but sturdy :)). TOA is f7.7 litle faster than f8.1 FS128. Just my 2 cents here posted....

Very good review in astromart:

Astromart Reviews - Takahashi FS128 vs TOA130

Clear skies,

Luis

Hello,

I have decided for an used TOA130 (FS128 was also on the list). TOA is rare in used market but some good deals appear tim to time. Triplet design, fast f7.7 vs. f8.1 are arguments in favour of TOA. It weights significantly, namely in the lens side :), carefull to guarantee a sturdy mount...

Just my 2 cents....

Good review in astromart: Astromart Reviews - Takahashi FS128 vs TOA130

Luis

Hello Olly.

My WO ZS80FD is a doublet, but I don't have any colour issues with it as it uses high quality flourite glass so I guess it's down to the quality of the lens.

I can't see Tak making a bad scope though :)

Adding to the arsenal then ? :)

Cheers

Rob

Hi Rob,

Well, maybe... Just thinking what to do next time I see one for just over 2K. Tak doublets like the Sky 90 and FS60 do throw up big blue haloes. Since they are strictly blue they should normally pull down in curves quite easily. I helped a guest with a Sky 90 image once and found this to be the case. However, it would need to out perform the Meade 127 significantly to be worth it. Since the 128 is an 'old fashioned' scope - long and with single speed focus - it doesn't have a super high value these days.

Thanks for the input,

Olly

Hello Olly,

In FS128 class, I would push to the TOA130 (I am suspicious :)), being a slight faster scope and a triplet with better optical design.

High cost and heavier - sure, but some used units sometime appear for sale at acceptable prices.

Just my 2 cents....

Very complete review can be found in astromart of FS128 and TOA.

Clear Skies,

Luis

Archived