Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello

petrovich

Welcome Petrovich,

VS observing is something I have been trying to do recently, but without much success. Too many factors to list, but will be trying again soon!!

Good to have you with us Petrovich. I have done no variable star observing. Many of us would be interested hear some reports from you or possibly so good info on good targets to watch out for. Hope you enjoy the forum

Thanks all for the welcomes, I think I know one or two of you from a different forum? No can't be. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Astroman - I had heard of it, but had not looked at the website etc so will do so now and let you know how I get on. At the moment doing some very easy visual work SS Her / X Cam etc. Also I have a BAA mentor

who is helping me to settle in with any technical issues plus the legendary Gary Poyner is always at hand for anything VS.

My eventual aim is to do photometry in the VS field.

Because I am busy right now workwise ( I have this forum running on a separate laptop in the office) I will put something together for the weekend or if luck runs in my direction by tonight after the footie.

If waiting is not anyones game I would suggest reading this article as this is the one that got me hooked and it is the ideal starters guide.

http://www.britastro.org/vss/holland.pdf

The trouble with doing variable star projects is that everything that I used to do planetry and DSO has dropped to the background .

Perhaps I will do something about that when the new Ambermile pier is fitted and some cooler weather arrives, I am finding all objects at night in my field of view are disco dancing, but then again don't they call it garage or house or shed or something now.

:) :) :) :)

Archived