help getting to grips with imaging

red dwalf

Hi all,i have 2 scopes, a Skywatcher 130p newtonian 5.1" mirror f5 650mm focal length,and a Celestron 6se sct 6" mirror f10 1500mm focal length.my question is which would be best for deep sky images,i understand i will need a focal reducer for the Celestron but will the Skywatcher be better as it`s already f5 and a short focal length or would i have trouble with the focusing of the Skywatcher as they don`t have as much travel.which one would you experts recommend.i have a phillips webcam for planets, but am hoping to buy a Canon 1000d for the deep sky stuff.all help gratefully recieved and needed !

You have a pretty good mount in the CG5 goto so the question is which scope to use, the SCT I would think needs focal reducer and the Newt would need a coma corrector, you can't go far wrong with the Canon 1000D for the camera, hard to beat for the price.

But..... I repeat buy Steves' book you could end up saving loads of money, he clearly explains inc. pics what you need to start imaging.

Pete

Archived