SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Western Veil - NGC6960

Roy Batty

Bit of hiccup with the tech last night as PHD was dropping the guide star after only a couple of minutes despite it being perfectly adequate. After I'd done a dark in PHD it behaved itself from then on.

This is the second time I've imaged this target but having used the C8-N previously it had taken up most of the frame, so I was curious what I could get with the ED80. There's some parts of Pickerings Triangle showing but not surprisingly it isn't very obvious (my camera is unmodded).

Details:

13 X 10 minute subs, DSLR @ ISO800 on ED80

Guided using a QHY5 & PHD

cheers

Keith

post-13528-133877398456_thumb.jpg

Very nice Keith!

This was my target for last night and it's interesting to see how your cam has picked up a diffrent colour than mine.... Not saying mine or yours is right/wrong but it's interesting! Is your DSLR modded?

Having your camera modded makes quite a bit of difference over mine to the amount of Ha (Red) picked up in your image Craig. Some fine stuff too may I say. The difference shows up particularly so in pickerings triangle, I think.

The rest of the colour difference I think comes down to post processing choices in photoshop.:)

Keith

Archived