Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

H2 Transfer Vehicle

Watched the ISS pass at 20:13 then I remembered the H2TV (been trying to catch it since its launch but been unlucky with cloud). Checked an online live satellite tracker which showed it approaching Britain from the mid-Atlantic, but not listed as visible on their prediction tables.

When the tracker showed it as being almost due south, I popped outside at 20:35, and within a few seconds was able to pick up its feint orange light at about 20 deg elevation. Difficult to follow with the naked eye, but through bins was able to follow it for almost a minute.

I'm a bit confused though at the timings given for its next pass - this one was 22 minutes after the ISS, but according to the satellite prediction the next pass will be only a minute after the ISS - suppose we'll have to wait and see... :)

Archived