last nights and my second Moon pics

red dwalf

was a little whispy cloud last night but have been dying to get out and use the webcam for some time and try to get to grips with Registax, so here are the results, best frames stacked from about 500 for each picture, i think picture 3 and 4 are best as first two there`s to much light, any helpfull comments gratefully recieved.

thanks for looking Rob :)

post-15805-133877397815_thumb.jpg

post-15805-133877397821_thumb.jpg

post-15805-133877397826_thumb.jpg

post-15805-13387739783_thumb.jpg

Have you got the book by Martin Mobberley, Lunar and Planetary Webcam User's Guide? It really helped me loads (along with some good advice from eagleseye) but some useful points in it about using registax.

Nice images though, am really liking the blue soil on the third image. Well Done!

thanks mattlane, i like the shadows the mountains cast on the third picture, will look out for the book cheers.

aza, did have a little trouble focusing, there is a lot of movement with the picture images using a webcam i find, would also like to know more about the Bahtinov mask you mentioned, what is it and what do they do ?

Its best to focus on a star, then move to the moon for your imaging.

This is when using a mask, so I would assume it would be the same without a mask.

I think the moon would be seen as too 'turbulent' to get an accurate focus on.

Good luck on your next night out, you are definitely on a great start :)

Nice set of images last ones a corker :)

Lot of good advice been given already...

I don't do the focus masks anymore... but they are fairly straight forward to make...

Either try FLO or the guy on Ebay who makes the plastic ones or make one yourself Steve (Steppenwolf) had a "how to" ina recent Sky at Night......

Peter...

Archived