do clouds conspire against us ?

red dwalf

Been dying to get out and have another good go at imaging with my webcam and try out the new uv/ir filter i`ve had for weeks, so went out last night at 11 o,clock pm Jupiter was covered in a light but dimming whispy cloud, Moon was much the same but being a cresent i thought i would have a go ! hoping to pick up some craters and mountains. spent a good hour setting up and trying to focus ! not had enough practice at it, mouse on pc packed up ! what ! when i finally got going a little more whispy cloud had formed but i was not going to be beaten ! so stared capturing some AVI`s and feeling fairly smug with myself that i had got something onto the webcam ccd and all was working, got about 4 differant areas of Moon but by now it was getting on for 2 o,clock am, so thought i`d give it up for the night, spent 30 minutes packing away trying not to make a noise, locked up garage looked up and BU##ER me cloud had completely cleared, it was unreal, clear as a bell !

so went to bed mumbling to myself.

well got some images just need to remember how to use Registax ! should be fun.

thanks for listening Rob

Archived