SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Any clubs in NW Wales?

_Belial

Hi all,

I've had a search in the forum, but only found one post which mentioned a north wales club, but no link or other info. So I was wondering if anyone knows of a North West Wales club where a keen amateur (i.e newbie :)) could join?

Many thanks

// Carl

That's something to think of, silly question though how do you go about stating a club? Sorry for asking such a silly question, but its something that I've never considered.

Thank you.

Well, depends on what sort of club you want to have.

Best thing to do first is to see what numbers there are in the area where you want to have the club, perhaps by identifying SGL members, and maybe by posters in libraries, or try and get your local press interested.

Once you have your group together, collectively you need to decide what you are going to do, and what level of formality you want to have.

You might just have informal meetings in a pub, or each others homes, or have observing sessions in a car park, or field, or whereever you can organise.

If you are thinking of having formal meetings in a village hall with guest speakers and things, then it gets a bit more complicated, and you'll need to think about having some funds to pay for such things.

There are a few internet groups (localised SGL's if you like), that communicate in the main via a forum, but get together physically from time to time.

If you want to start a traditional society or club, then the FAS has a document about starting and running a society. If you email the secretary (secretary@fedastro.org.uk), he will send you a pdf copy.

Hope this helps,

/callump

Archived