June 6/6/06 moon

Kain

I'm still getting the hang of this photography lark through a scope, I have just found the manual for the camera, and man, I ain't got the foggiest idea what half the stuff does!! It's so confusing! However I'm going to try (try being the operative word) to take a pic of M13 tonight...But I ain't holding my breath lol!!

Anyway heres a pic of the moon I just took, I had a fiddle on PS&, but I ain't got a clue what I'm doing with that either :P///In other words I'm totally clueless LOL

image.jpg

Not that great I know, but meh :)

Kain

Hi Kain ,ok this is how it would be , i think you just need more time on the focus, and also the exposure , try and keep it towards the dark side when taking the image , its easier to bring out the detail , that way , than coming back , i done my best to show the detail but it was very over expposed , hope that will give you some help ,

Rog

post-12695-133877320524_thumb.jpg

Do you have a moon fiter too Kain? if so use Steves suggested settings and if you find its still over exposed use ya Moon filter, thats a cracking image from someone who knows next to nothing about astrophotography so i reakon you do know and it's a worthy image well done.

James

I like that pic Kain, it's got loads of atmosphere. We've had a lot of haziness lately and this shows what the moon has been looking like half the time :) A whole lot better than my 1st image of the moon. You're on the right track for sure

Archived