Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

celestron-omni-120mm-refractor-telescope

Hi All

After much deliberation ive been out to rother valley optics today and bought my first scope:hello2:. a celestron omni xlt120 refractor with cg4 mount, ive already got bino's and a spotting scope so got a moon filter instead of the free bino's.

Celestron Omni 120mm Refractor TelescopeTelescopes | Rother Valley Optics. Ian and adam were first rate. ive got the mount set up, the sky is clearing, so hopefully will get a few hours in tonight. Excitement is overflowing:hello2: any advice would be much appreciated

take care all speak soon

Gary (daftvada)

2nd star to the right and straight on till morning:)

Exellent choice Gary - you will have a lot of fun with that. Take some time to familiarise yourself with the scope and it's operation in daylight (including aligning the finder) - that will save much frustration when you try and find your way around it in darkness !.

Jupiter will be a fine sight in that scope - I was observing it last night with my newly arrived 5" refractor and the contrast and detail was excellent.

John

Was out in the garden till 2am this morning, believe it or not just moon watching, is she beautiful or what :D i do need to get more eye pieces and a barlow to appreciate it more. But all good things come to an end and the clouds rolled in. :) . speak soon take care all

Gary (daftvada)

That looks like a terrific scope Gary and a good choice of aperture. I'd be interested to hear more about your observing adventures as time goes by as this scope (with Alt-Az) is something I'd be interested in.

What was the service like from RVO ?

Cheers

steve

HI Gary

Great choice of telescope (looks great in blue too).

I have been to the old shop but not made it to the new shop yet.

I have always received good advice from Adam & Ian.

I do like to use my 6mm T circle volcano top orthoscopic eyepiece in my F8.3.

The Moon looks amazing through a Refractor.

Enjoy

Paul

Archived