Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

** ANNOUNCING THE FIRST SGL IMAGING WORKSHOP **

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks guys!

Oooh, spectroscopes Ken! I've loved the spectrum since my Dad brought home a tiny one from the OU many years ago. I still have it and it's wonderful! Now I know more about the spectrum and absorption and emission lines I'm even more smitten! :)

Well,

I've got three or four spectroscopes which we can safely use on the sun, so there should be enough to go round!!

I'd like to show some prominences in the Ha ( or another other spectral line we choose) without a $$$$$$ modded PST or the SM60 etc etc - Just like Huggins did over 150 years ago! That would be cool!

Ken

Hoepfully, we'll have some more presentations in the solar part ...(want to try to do a lot more hands on with that, as the capture and processing side is really quite quick and easy). Will cover a bit of history, science, the products (with real examples on hand) and , we hope, some new stuff on spectroscopy with my good friend Ken Harrison (aka Merlin66)

Hi Everyone

OK, We have been finalising the running order of the day and we hope to get this out very soon indeed.

I am also working on the booking forms for you all and again, hope to get these out to everyone very soon.

Grant and I are now working flat out on this, with the speakers - but please, if you have any questions, post them here.

If you are still interested in attending, there a FEW places remaining - so get in quick!! :)

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Those people that have registered should by now have received the confirmation forms via email

If you think you have registered, but have not received a confirmation, please let me know

As per the notice you will have seen, the registration is now full, but if you want to enter your name still, I can put you on the "reserved" list in case of cancellations.

I'll be setting up a new board shortly to keep related threads and topics together, so watch out for that.

Finally - thanks for your patience and we are really looking forward to seeing everyone!!! :eek:

Archived