Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

** ANNOUNCING THE FIRST SGL IMAGING WORKSHOP **

Dear All

We are very pleased and excited to announce that SGL will hosting the first Imaging Workshop Day on Sunday 21st March 2010. The venue will be Bedford School in Bedford and will offer not one, not two, but THREE of SGL's top imagers to deliver talks and live demonstrations of processing your hard acquired data!

So who are the speakers, I hear you ask...

A regular contributor to Astronomy Now and producing some of the finest solar images, NickH will be talking and demonstrating Solar Image processing!

Over the last few years, this man has produced some of the best lunar images you are likely to see. His pictures have won numerous awards, including Picture of the Year on The Sky At Night Magazine - Nick Smith will be your Man on the Moon!

And finally, when it comes to DSO's, this man knows his nebulae and how to get the best out of them. So much so, he has published a book all about it, but you can come and see him live - Steve Richards, better known as Steppenwolf!

Top class imagers I'm sure you will agree!!

We are working on the final details, but we are hoping that every attendee will have a DVD to take away with the processing examples, screen captures, notes, sample files, etc.

Although the day will be a lecture-style day, you will take away a DVD with sample files and the processing videos, so you can review and practice at home. You will not need to bring laptops or anything with you on the day - that's not to say you can't, but we will not be able to provide technical support on the day.

The cost of the day is still to be finalised, but we are hoping it will be around the £35 to include lunch at the school, starting at approximately 9:30am, aiming to finish 4-5pm; again, final details and itinerary are being worked out.

(If enough people need / want accommodation on the Saturday evening, we can look at getting a group rate at a local hotel, and perhaps organising a meal out)

Once we have enough details worked out, we will put up a booking form for you - for now, mark the date in your diary and get ready start making the most of your data!!

*** MARCH 21st 2010 ***

This thread is for you to ask any questions - this is *NOT* for booking places!

UPDATE: Go HERE to register your interest - places are limited so hurry!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The NickH method...live...

No magic to it really...but hopefully you'll see a few tricks and tips. My main hope is that we get some Sun during the day, and to let others play with some nice solar kit, and practice.

I am also in talks with a few "people" on solar kit... for the day..

So...bring your laptop and DMK/Lumenera's with you....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi All

At the moment, there are not enough people interested to make this a viable event, so this is a final push to generate some interest!!

Cost is now confirmed at £30 to include a Sunday lunch

Places are limited to 70 and there are currently 50 places remaining! We REALLY want to make this a landmark event, and having 3 of the countries TOP imagers available to answer your questions will really make it worthwhile!

Cheers

Dear Daz

If this doesn't go ahead it would be a real shame.

I suspect that the lack of registered interest is more a matter of publicity than actual interest. I suspect that an advert and or editorial in S@N mag or Astronomy Now would generate a substantial response. Unfortunately the deadlines for these publications are usually many months in advance.

If it falls through, could something be arranged in a marquee for the weekend of SGL 5?

Hi Daz, just seen your post. First I've heard of it (only joined in October!) You can count me in, processing is the bit thats driving me mad at the minute so would find it very useful! So, yes very interested!

May I make a suggestion, perhaps an advert (where the picture of the week is displayed) There must be loads of people like me who have joined recently and don't know anything about it.

Scott:headbang:

Archived