Narrowband

Salisbury Revisited - An informal gathering

dark knight

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys and gals! Real glad so many of you are getting back together again after the salisbury starparty in August!

Unfortunately (for you guys) i have now got a place to live and a new job so i now have time restrictions! Although i wont be there for the majority of this informal get together, i hope to come along next saturday evening and join you all for a the Evening/night if any one has a spare place!

It'll be great to see you all again!

Darren ;)

Jane and I have just had some rather bad news about one of our dogs (Cherry) - we have just returned from an emergency consultation with our vet because she has got a 'mast cell tumour' which will need an operation sooner rather than later. Because she is so swollen today, they cannot operate tomorrow morning which was the original plan because of the swelling. She is now on pain killers, anti-biotics and a diuretic to get the swelling to go down so the operation can go ahead but this potentially puts next weekend in jeopardy for us and we won't know what is going to happen for a day or so.

Here's hoping ......

Darren where have you been, not seen you on the forum for ages so it's good to hear from you at last. As you know, you will be more than welcome and I'm sure we can find you a bed for the night.

Been jobless and homeless since salisbury mate, if you remember our chat before i left salisbury! Got myself sorted out about 3 weeks ago with a flat and new job about 2 weeks ago!

Will see you all soon!

Darren ;)

Steve how awful for you, Jane and poor Cherry! I hope everything goes well for you. Our dog has had to have several operations and I'm aware of what a very stressful time it can be.

I really hope Cherry feels better soon.

Steph

Thanks Steph. Jane has just telephoned from the vets having left Cherry there to have some blood tests and a needle extraction test on the 'lump' and a nearby lymph node. They have confirmed that they can't operate today because of the swelling but Jane forgot to ask if they would be waiting for the test results or just the swelling to go down before they operate but we will be asking that later.

We ain't beat yet and Cherry is fine in herself so it is not impossible for this weekend - we just don't know yet!

Hope all goes well Steve, here's keeping everything crossed. It really is understandable if you can't make it, the main thing is to get Cherry sorted out, there will be plenty of get together's in the not too distant future. As fellow dog lovers are heart goes out to you at this trying time.

Carl

In fact Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights don't look too bad, compared to Monday and Tuesday nights at least. When we will still be there, by the way! And yours is different to mine too.....I would suggest the best way to predict the weather is to just go and see what it is like?

Remember last time when the clouds just parted round the hill we were on? Total white out everywhere else, clear skies at the campsite! Wahey!

It will be what it will be, but what ever it is we will have fun anyway, that is for sure ;)

Steph

Sadly, we shall have to drink a toast to you from home ;). Cherry's 'lump' is giving her major grief as it is now ulcerated and we have to keep it dry and get her to wear a 'buster collar' (we have renamed her 'Miss Bouquet' as she looks like she has a bucket on her head! :)). Buster collars and confined spaces don't mix well as you can imagine and until the ulceration clears she can't have the op. and so on.

I hope you all have a great time and that the skies are clear. Maybe next year?

Very understandable Steve, there will certainly be more social get together's so no worries on that front mate. I hope everything gets sorted out and Cherry doesn't bump into too many things with that bucket on her head. I remember Jasper having one of those and he really struggled to adjust to wearing it, he couldn't even turn round in our kitchen without clattering all the cabinets. I've never seen him look so clumsy.

We'll have a drink on your behalf and be hoping Cherry makes a speedy recovery.

Carl

Cheers Carl and Steph - really sorry that we can't make it, have been looking forward to meeting you all - I even have a rubylith screen made up the laptop in readiness!

I am currently convinced that Cherry's tests for malignancy will be OK but any kind of cancer in a dog is bad news as I know only too well from past experiences - fingers crossed that my optimism is rewarded.

Sorry to hear about Cherry Steve, I hope everything works out for the best.

I'ts a shame you can't make it, but entirely understandable of course.

And I'd spent the last few days brushing up 'Born to be Wild' on my guitar too ;)

Cheers

Rob

Archived