Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Salisbury Revisited - An informal gathering

dark knight

To all those attending you are most welcome and I really look forward to meeting you all. To those who have never done anything like this before, it is a fantastic opportunity to meet some of the friendliest bunch of people with a vast knowledge of our hobby, Steve (Steppenwolf) for example is a fantastic imager and observer and I'm sure none of us mind helping anyone new to this. This is only dobserver's and my second gathering so were no experts at this either but the last one was so much fun we just decided to go camping and see if anyone wanted to come along and meet up :D. It's really great to see a few more people can make it:hello2:. Please don't forget to take adequate warm clothing, footwear and woolie hats etc. Were even going to take a couple of oil filled radiators just in case. Also if anyone forgets anything please don't be shy, just ask for help, last star party we forgot our camping pan cook set, good job the dog's bowl was made of stainless steel is all I will say:):) We soon went and sourced a new pan set the following day.

Steve you don't need to ask, you are more than welcome to hook up your electric to our pitch, no problem, just glad you are coming as it will be great to catch up. You can also keep your Dob in the caravan awning if you want.

Does anyone know the best place to get a laptop cover or red screen cover???

We are getting really excited again, it's great to have this to look forward to, can't wait to meet up with those we already know and those who we have never met before,, fantastic.

Carl

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For a red laptop screen cover, I recently needed a sheet of red acetate to act as a filter for something totally different. It turns out photographic shops no longer tend to carry that sort of thing, but after being sent from pillar to post all over Bath I eventually found it in an art shop - hope that might save you a similarly tedious day.

and I've got a few bottles of rather fine Elderflower wine put by for if it's cloudy :D:)

Now there's a predicament - do we want clear or cloudy skies? Sit out in the cold looking at the sky or sit out in the cold and get scrumbled on Steph's Elderflower wine? Surely there must be a compromise there somewhere?

Now there's a predicament - do we want clear or cloudy skies? Sit out in the cold looking at the sky or sit out in the cold and get scrumbled on Steph's Elderflower wine? Surely there must be a compromise there somewhere?

I'm sure we can come to some arrangement - if it's cloudy we can commiserate ourselves with the wine :) and if it's clear we can celebrate with it :D

I am loving the word 'scrumbled'! Hehehe

Steph

Hi all!

We'll be down to Sixpenny Handley sometime on Sunday afternoon.

Regarding the Barbeque. There is a FANTASTIC butcher just down the road from the campsite. Darren got all the burgers and sausages from there at the last Star Party.

We're planning to stay until Tuesday and really looking forward to stocking up for our freezer before we leave.

Anyway - just turn left out of the campsite and down the hill. The butcher is on the right before you get to the pub. Dunno what time he closes on Saturday, so those those going on Friday could check him out then.

Marion (Michigoose)

.....sit out in the cold and get scrumbled on Steph's Elderflower wine? Surely there must be a compromise there somewhere?

LOL - reminds of India. When you're backpacking you become pretty reliant on eggs as the sight of whole fly-covered carcasses hanging outside a shed marked 'butcher' is pretty off-putting. Half the fun of ordering was the various and inventive ways of spelling 'scrambled' on the menu.

Marion - Seems I'm in a carnivore moment here.

It would be great if you could make it too Kevin, so far I make it at least 13 definites, if there's anyone else please just add your name to the list, if i've missed anyone apologies;

Dark Knight, Dobserver, Steppenwolf+1, Sponcom, Michigoose, Michigander, Astrokat +3, Breakintheclouds, Albido0.39, Milliways and hopefully Rob Hodgkinson

Nice one ! I'm sort of "nervous" - I hate the cold but apparently, I'll be sleeping outside in a tent so I'd better get used to it ...:D

PS - still have not got the tent... I'm in the "I'm not sure if I need a 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 man tent" mode. Sigh

Nice one ! I'm sort of "nervous" - I hate the cold but apparently, I'll be sleeping outside in a tent so I'd better get used to it ...:D

PS - still have not got the tent... I'm in the "I'm not sure if I need a 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 man tent" mode. Sigh

I have a range of tents you could borrow Steve either a 2 man pop up which equates to ample room for one or a small three person tent with with a living and bedroon area

Regards

Kevin

will anyone be able to show me how to set my hq6 goto, polar alignment seams complcated if anyone can that would be amazing also i will have loads of beer:evil6:

Such a friendly bunch, I bet there will be a queue of willing helpers.

Archived