SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Salisbury Revisited - An informal gathering

dark knight

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Caravans are well catered for Steve, and there are plenty of electrical hook up points..

Church Farm Campsite - Home Page

For those attending please contact the site. We will be in the main family area at the far end (where Rick Jarvis and his cannon was). there are 8 to 10 electric pitches next to each other and plenty of other electric pitches dotted around this field. Please remember it will be half term school holidays and these camp sites get booked up quite quickly. Also just mention you are to be star gazing (it will make sense to them honest) so they can keep us all together, unless of course you want to be in a more secluded spot. Prices are per night, £6 per adult, £1.50 per child, £2.50 electric. It is possible for 2 pitches to share electric though :D;)

If you require an electric pitch let the site know when booking. Last but not least we will not have the whole field to ourselves.

We have just booked our place with Lee for the Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights with electricity hook-up if any 'tenters' require things to be charged etc!

Last but not least we will not have the whole field to ourselves.
We shall be bringing my two guard dogs 'Gnash' and 'Cut-throat' with us so I beg to differ ........

....... actually, our two soft dogs, Clover and Cherry - Cherry is for 'working', Clover is for 'loving' so they will fit in just fine. We shall be running a small competition to determine what breed Cherry is as she is a one off and getting very famous in the Sussex area!

We are really looking forward to meeting you all.

Hi all, just a quick update,,Steph (dobserver) and myself have decided to do the same as Steve (Steppenwolf) and arrive at the camp site on Friday 23rd October (can't have Steve there on his own now can we). We have reserved our pitch with electric (easy to share with anyone who needs power, just bring your extension leads). Can I please ask if those who are definitely turning up at some point that week to just give me a quick pm. Also please don't forget this is half term school holidays so get your pitches reserved early.

Thanks

Carl

a BBQ is a cool idea! We have a little gas one we could bring :)
Exactly what I had in mind but more than one grill would be handy for 8 or more on a little portable gas barbecue so yours would be handy to have.

That's great that you will also be there on the Friday night - looking forward to meeting everyone.

• 3 weeks later...

Excellent! Oohh - it's getting closer now, only a couple of weeks to go......

Can I make a suggestion?

How about an amnesty from buying any new astro gear at all between now and then? Maybe then we might stand a chance of some good skies! lol

Is everyone still up for going? I know life has this annoying tendency to get in the way of plans sometimes.

I'm really looking forward to it now - even though there is a distinct nip in the air these mornings....

Steph

This is all good news, more people coming - looking forward to the weekend immensely. Janie, Gnash, Cut-throat and I are still coming.

Assuming that the Saturday barbecue is still on, are we just going to do our own thing food-wise or are we going to make more formal arrangements for who is going to bring what?

Hi Steph and Karl - It's in the diary, I'm looking for tents as we speak and even have the infamous "pink pass" - now here's the rub.... this is only the 2nd time I've ever spent time in a tent in my life so I'm bound to forget something.

If I could borrow some 'leccie (I'll bring my own extention lead) that would be epic.

I've yet to book - assumption... 1st come, first served ? - it would be good to somehow align ourselves.

Looking at Friday and Saturday night, leaving mid morning on Sunday *(unless anyone have a TV so that I can watch the Grand Prix !)...

Cheers

Steve

Breakintheclouds it will be good to meet you there, astrokat likewise. Once you get to Sixpenny Hanley you just turn up the lane by the church. Simples :)

NickH sorry you can't make it :(

I think BBQ wise it might be easiest just to take along what you want to eat? We'll take a barbie and I believe steppenwolf Steve is taking one too. I think a free for all will be fun, and probably easier to organize!

Albedo0.39 Steve - Yay - so glad you can make it :)

We are borrowing a caravan with an awning, so you can always kip in there if need be.....you've slept with Dobs before :hello2:

I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas now.....and I've got a few bottles of rather fine Elderflower wine put by for if it's cloudy :D:(

Steph

Archived