Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Salisbury Revisited - An informal gathering

dark knight

Ok folks, after attending our first star party (huge thanks to Darren) and thoroughly enjoying the whole affair, myself, wife (Dobserver), Reece and dog have decided to revisit the camp site for a few days commencing Saturday 24th October 2009 for 4 or 5 nights as it is half term and the moon should not interfere. We want to assess the skies leading into winter and make the most of the longer night hours. The camp site owners have assured us that the winter nights are much darker at the site than the great skies we have already experienced!!!(Is this possible)

Anybody who is interested in meeting up is most welcome and as the heading implies this is in no way meant to be a formal meeting and is not intended to compete with any organised star party's..So no talks etc just great company, plenty of wine and hopefully some clear night skies.

Carl

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ooohhh this is getting more exciting......I know it will be cold, but I'm already cruising the charity shops for some ski wear! And we will be taking some form of heater for the tent too.

It will be great to meet up again at the same site. For anyone who doesn't know, it is the Church Farm campsite at Sixpenny Hanley in Dorset.

I'll be taking my guitar again if anyone wants a jam. It may be too cold to play outside in the evening, and anyway I will be otherwise occupied if the sky is clear (please be clear, please be clear)! But we got to have something to do in the daytime too....lol

Steph

Hi Carl,

Would love to come but work limits me to weekends and Saturday is the Astronomer meeting in Basingstoke so I shall have to pass. I wish you all the best with the observing. Fingers crossed for clear skies - although that will make it mighty cold.

Regards,

Mark

As this is a 'revisit', can we come even if we weren't there for the original? Jane and I could rather fancy this as it would be a good opportunity to put faces to names ....

Sure thing - the more the merrier! Although I have to point out the moon is not ideal!!! :D It will not be full, just a crescent, but it will be there, clouds permitting....

Steph

Archived