Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_dslr_mirrorlesss.thumb.jpg.5b348d6a5e7f27bdcb79e9356b7fc03b.jpg

dark knight

Salisbury Revisited - An informal gathering

Ok folks, after attending our first star party (huge thanks to Darren) and thoroughly enjoying the whole affair, myself, wife (Dobserver), Reece and dog have decided to revisit the camp site for a few days commencing Saturday 24th October 2009 for 4 or 5 nights as it is half term and the moon should not interfere. We want to assess the skies leading into winter and make the most of the longer night hours. The camp site owners have assured us that the winter nights are much darker at the site than the great skies we have already experienced!!!(Is this possible)

Anybody who is interested in meeting up is most welcome and as the heading implies this is in no way meant to be a formal meeting and is not intended to compete with any organised star party's..So no talks etc just great company, plenty of wine and hopefully some clear night skies.

Carl

oooh this is so tempting...

will let you know, at most though, a night I think..., but it's all down to other schedules

As always you would be most welcome Nick. The camp site is open all year round, were even thinking of spending some time over Christmas there,,,hmmmmm the bug has truly bitten....

Nice to mmeet ya last night Carl :D and cheers for lettin me borrow your filter and EP!!! just need some clear skies to test em out.

As i said last night i will definately be going hehe!! not sure about the misses though.

Dave.

I have some review kit landing next week...some very nice review kit..

May be a chance to kill two birds with one stone on this..

Still, not sure, work schedules are mental at the mo

hmmm, not too far for us either - will have a chat with the hubby... even if we come for the weekend that would be good.

Might be possible for me too if we can get a caravan for the duration - wont do it if e cant get accomodation as it will be too cold for me.

Ooohhh this is getting more exciting......I know it will be cold, but I'm already cruising the charity shops for some ski wear! And we will be taking some form of heater for the tent too.

It will be great to meet up again at the same site. For anyone who doesn't know, it is the Church Farm campsite at Sixpenny Hanley in Dorset.

I'll be taking my guitar again if anyone wants a jam. It may be too cold to play outside in the evening, and anyway I will be otherwise occupied if the sky is clear (please be clear, please be clear)! But we got to have something to do in the daytime too....lol

Steph

We certainly are up for it for a couple of days if circumstances permit.

It sounds like a good crack :D

Cheers

Rob

We may pop down for a couple of days, i'll need to see who is in work though.

We'll be down for a couple of nights ......no wires attached. :)

Dana

Yay - but I think you'd better attach a wire to your wallet this time! :D

Steph

Sounds good to me but will have to see nearer the time, It'll be mighty cold though.

Cheers

Neil

Ergo...daytime only...

Though, the dates may clash with another little astro thing now too... looks like our obsy in Spain may be doing commissioning runs that week...and that's my job..

Hi Carl,

Would love to come but work limits me to weekends and Saturday is the Astronomer meeting in Basingstoke so I shall have to pass. I wish you all the best with the observing. Fingers crossed for clear skies - although that will make it mighty cold.

Regards,

Mark

As this is a 'revisit', can we come even if we weren't there for the original? Jane and I could rather fancy this as it would be a good opportunity to put faces to names ....

As this is a 'revisit', can we come even if we weren't there for the original? Jane and I could rather fancy this as it would be a good opportunity to put faces to names ....

Sure thing - the more the merrier! Although I have to point out the moon is not ideal!!! :D It will not be full, just a crescent, but it will be there, clouds permitting....

Steph