Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Herstmonceux Astronomy Festival

This hasn`t been runing for many years but this will be my 4th visit. This year it is on Fri 11th September to Sunday 13th September 09. The last two years have been attended by Sir Patrick moore and it was a great chance to meet him. There will be a last quarter moon rising about 22:00 BST on Fri and 23:00 BST on Sat so serious all night observing/imaging is a bit compromised but there is still a good chance for a go before the moon gets too high. Meanwhile there is a chance to view through a number of the observatory`s telescopes, which is a real buzz considering the history of the place. May the skies be clear for us all, wherever we are. :)

Been out of the astro world for most of this year but getting back into it as the new season approaches. I'll be camping at Herstmonceaux again, just hope we don't get the rain like last year. The forecast isn't too bad but that's a whole week away.

If you haven't been I'd thoroughly reccomend it.

Just got back, and had a great weekend. Friday night was cloudy but Saturday night was clear all night. I`ve got a whole list of new objects that I bagged for the first time. I will be a while writing it all up in my log book. I was with the Havering Astro Society people. Woodsey65, I saw your windbreaks (shame about no burger van!!) but I didn`t know you had a Collimation Tent, I would have been straight over with my scope for a checking over. Leegsi, more info on Herstmonceux can be found here The Observatory Science Centre

Archived