Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hi

bl9au

Greetings from Exeter,

Im 25 year old geologist, but Ive wanted to take up atronomy all my life. Im a little new to it all, but I was given some good help by a guy called steve from the telescope shop in town. Ive purchased a Celestron 114 compact and Im facing North north west. Nice lookin scope lets see what it can do....looks like it will be clear tonight. Been told to keep my eye out for M27, M57, M56 and M13.

Lee : :saturn:

Welcome aboard Lee. There's a field of science that covers both called Astrogeology. You can study the geology of moons around other planets. I read a terrific book on it a couple years back, but can't remember the name. I'll try and find out.

Welcome along Lee. Let us know how you get on hunting down your targets. Can be a bit frustrating at first, they aren't always easy to find and are much dimmer than you expect. You've come to the right place to ask questions

• 1 month later...

Yeah I found ya stev thanks. Yeah I agree about it being frustrating at first, and there havent been many clear nights. The light pollution doesnt help much. I might take a trip up to dartmoor. I was on the beach till dark at perrenporth on the weekend and jupiter could be spotted a mile off in the south west so bright. I dont know about rock star! but astro geology sounds like my perfect hobby!. Ive just purchased a celestron moon filter and a very nice piece of software kit: Starry Night Enthusiast. Been having a play and set it up nicely, looks like theres a few meteor in the noth from my window tonight, might try and get a glimps of that red super giant by draco head, do think I would need a 4mm for better sighting? cheers lee, Exeter :D

Archived