Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

What have I done?!?

zanes

Hello all,

After several years of thinking about getting a scope, and even more looking up at the night sky, I finally took the plunge and ordered a scope.

So, I ordered a nice, sensible off the shelf telescope? Err, not exactly, no. I ordered;

An Orion Optics 8" f/6 Europa, with 1/8pv upgrade and 10:1 focuser/

Now, I'm a bit worried as to what I have let myself in for, but time will tell. I'll update when I go upto crewe to collect it (~4 weeks)

A bit about me, I'm studying for a MEng in Electronics with Space Science, and I'm currently on placement (not in the space industry :) ) which is how I came by the money to get a scope!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmm I hope it is with the premium they command... However, I have been reading OO horror stories ever since I ordered- Not good for teh nerves.

Yep, some books are on my shopping list. So far I have Half Hours with the Telescope (~1880s edition), Philips stargazing with a telescope and a downloaded copy of Cartes du Ciel (brilliant program! :)). So plenty of room for some proper atlases. And eyepieces. And filters. And Camera adaptors.....:):grin:

Archived