Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Anyone in Leicester/Leicestershire area ?

matt88

Hi guys, My name is Matt I’ve just recently joined this forum, after being a regular visitor for a while now,

I decided to join as I’ve read allot of posts on here and everyone on here seems to be very nice and knowledgeable about amateur astronomy.

As I have not long had my telescope I am very much a beginner. The telescope I currently have is a sky-watcher Evostar 90 Refractor. I Know its not a very big scope but it will be a good starter scope for me as it is simple to use and is quite portable, and I am sure I will be able to do some good observing with it.

I'd just like to know if anyone in here is from the Leicester/Leicestershire area who maybe would like to meet up some time and do some star gazing. I don’t really know any good dark sites in Leicestershire that are suitable for star gazing but I am sure there are a few. I don’t really want to be wondering around in the middle of no were on my own in when its dark as I don’t think its the safest thing to do.

Anyway that’s it for now, so if anyone knows any good sites in the Leicestershire area could you please let me know or if anyone wants to meet up some time that would be Great.:)

Archived