SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Mars Filters

spudicus

To Quote Astroman,

The thing about colored filters is, you have to know what you're seeing first, before they make a difference you can notice. This may sound funny, but it's true. I don't generally recommend them until you're very familiar with a planet's appearance without them. _Then_ try them out. They're designed to bring out specific details on specific planets. Orange and green for different bands on Jupiter, blue and red for clouds on Mars and shadows of volcanos, respectively. Give them a chance, but maybe later.

I have no experiance of colour filters Spud sorry but i am intending on having a play soon:)

James

james,

I've got a set of screw in 1.25" ones on order. As soon as they arrrive my Tal set will be surplus to requirements.

They are nothing special and are just the cheap type that fit over the eyepiece rather than screw in the base, but they'd give you an idea of what to expect out of a more expensive set. I think the colours are red, green,yellow and blue.

let me know if you are intersested.....

Gaz

Archived