SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jeez Astroman sounds like your wife learnt to drive at the same place

as mine did "Stevie Wonder School Of Motoring".

Poor lass.

No I feel bad for her. The dog was old (16yrs.) and had been run over before by me, dislocating his right rear leg. Arthritis was rampant and he couldn't move well. With the rain and all, she never saw him. Her head on was her firrst accident ever driving and to recover enough to drive at all this fast is amazing, then for this to happen. Most traumatic. And she's never had a ticket even.

God, I need a vacation.... :)

Here's a pic, (under red observatory lights), of the setup for the upcoming shots. (The lab will print them for me to pick up tomorrow, Thursday.) I just hung the camera on the pier in the rolloff. This view is pointing south, and I reversed it to point north. This camera is the Canon Ftb. The astrophotos were take with the Canon A1. Slide film was in the Ftb.

setup1.jpg

I do hope to scan and post the better ones tomorrow night for you guys. The negatives looked good, so hopefully the lab will come through with good prints. Can't vouch for the scanner though, and the way my luck's been of late, we'll just have to wait and see.

Astroman you will ave the neighbours talking with that Red Light on you know? :). Looks impressive and cant wait too see the results from te setup :)

James :)

Ps:Sorry to hear of your loss Astroman and i hope your wife gets over the accident quickly.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, here we go. Got the pics back. I hope they turn out here, as they don't look that good to me.

image.jpg

Jupiter in Virgo, with Libra and the head of Scorpius on the left.

image.jpg

Scorpius. M6 and M7 can be made out toward the bottom, off the stinger stars. The spout of the teapot in Sagittarius and M8 can also be seen.

Thirty seconds exposures, with the setup seen above. The north facing exposure didn't turn out, but I expected that, since it was aimed at the Phoenix light dome.

Archived