Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Wiltshire IYA meet 13th August (tonight!!)

arad85

Just a heads up - I haven't seen it advertised in any other thread (apart from saturn1's)...

Thursday 13th August: Venue Cumberwell Park Golf Club Bradford-on-Avon BA15 2PQ from 9pm. Catch a Falling Star: Telescopes to be set up on the driving range. Car parking and bar will be open!

Just spoken to Cumberwell and they're waiting to be contacted by the organisers to check it is going ahead, but the skies seem to be clearing...

Andy,Tony

Great to meet you guys tonight,and a big thanks for coming to the event,Andy thanks for bringing the 9.25 a great scope and some lovely views of jupiter even at 1400x:p.look forward to meeting you both again,and Tony you are welcome to pop down to mine any time.

Ian

Ian,

A pleasure to meet everyone too - it was a very enjoyable evening - even though I didn't see any Perseids! Thanks for the help and advice and letting me borrow the Pentaxes - lovely views - yet more to put on the shopping list :p BTW, the cheapie 20mm was in fact this one: Revelation 20mm Wide Angle Eyepiece 1.25" so at £30 didn't do so bad after all :) although I'm sure the Pentax would be a lot further ahead in a quicker scope...

Oh.. and it was only 1342x... which obviously makes all the difference :)

Andy

It was great to meet you all, & thanks for making me feel so welcome.

I just came away with an even bigger headache of what to buy though, lol.

I think I may take an extra couple of days to just finalize my decision now, I don't want to get somethin & get itchy feet towards buying the next size up, or better overall if you catch my drift, lol.

Ian, would definately be interested in poping down sometime to see your observatory also.

Cheers for now guys.

Happy spotting

Archived