no luck tonight !

red dwalf

looked outside around 10 o`clock tonight, stars everywhere, Moon rising to the east, Jupiter brightly lit in the south east, right then i`m on in tonight ! mount outside and quick polar aligned, unplug the fridge in the gargage, don`t worry beers o.k. power cables across the lawn, new scope out of it`s box, hardly used it yet, mounted on the tripod, switch on and slewed to Jupiter, viewed for 2 minutes and a few whisps of cloud coming over, shouted the wife come and have a look and by the time she arrived cloud everywhere, WHAT DO WE HAVE TO DO ! looks set for the night now with rain forcast for tomorrow. was also going to do a star test on the collmination tonight also.

still there`s the weekend to look forward to ! :)

Ditto. spent a while setting it up and waited...... and waited. Managed a couple of obs of the double double and just a I was about to stick the 'scope back in the garage, I got a glimpse of Jupiter - Gosh, impressive despite the seeing being all over the show

Contemplating writing an observing report, but undecided.

"Tonight, I mostly saw cloud"

Archived