stargazine_ep45_banner.thumb.jpg.71f13bfceacd5e3df366d82c2b6f5f9b.jpg

What size eyepiece will give me the most...

I am going to buy this telescope soon Zhumell Z10 Deluxe Dobsonian Reflector Telescope - Telescopes at Telescopes and i would like to know which eyepiece will give me the most zoom. Also i would like to use my canon EOS digital rebel XTI to take pictures of my findings and share them, so if it is not too much trouble could someone help me find a camera mount. Thank you

That looks like a fair scope to me. have you looked in the astropedia section on telescopes etc. You should find enough information to make a decision on what additional lenses and filters you might require there, or there abouts.

That looks like a fair scope to me. have you looked in the astropedia section on telescopes etc. You should find enough information to make a decision on what additional lenses and filters you might require there, or there abouts.

I will check that out, thank you.

Try the TeleVue eyepiece calculaor. It will tell you the minimum and maximum focal lengths of eyepieces that will work in this scope. Just enter the aperture and focal length of the scope and also select the display by Mag option.

http://www.televue.com/engine/calculate3b.asp?NoBack=True&_2in=yes

John

Thank you so much, this will make it so much easier to get the proper eyepieces.

Uh how do i read this chart lol

It shows that 350x is the max magnification for this scope.

So if you look at the chart the first column shows the focal lengths of the eyepieces and the fifth column shows the magnification. So near the bottom of the chart look for an eyepiece that gives about 350x which in this case is a 3.5mm. Also about a 35mm eyepiece would be about the lowest mag to use.

There is also a lot more info such as what adding a barlow would do to the mag of an eyepiece.

John

It shows that 350x is the max magnification for this scope.

So if you look at the chart the first column shows the focal lengths of the eyepieces and the fifth column shows the magnification. So near the bottom of the chart look for an eyepiece that gives about 350x which in this case is a 3.5mm. Also about a 35mm eyepiece would be about the lowest mag to use.

There is also a lot more info such as what adding a barlow would do to the mag of an eyepiece.

John

Ah i see, i have a 3X barlow for my current telescope but don't know exactly how to use it lol.

Ah i see, i have a 3X barlow for my current telescope but don't know exactly how to use it lol.

Put the barlow between the eyepiece and the scope. With a 3x barlow a 30mm eyepiece gives the magnification that a 10mm would and so on.

John