Narrowband

salisbury

astrokat

hello i come from salisbury, i joined the local astro club though i have enjoyed goin they dont go out much veiwing, so im worndering if there is a group of locals that go out or even in the back garden veiw\imaging that maybe interested in letting in one more or if there is not one starting one .

unfortunatly i can not get to the star party because its the same time as my hols sob sob .

if any one is interested please let me know it would be most appricated thanks toby:)

Hi astrokat - were you aware that quite a few folks will be in your neck of the woods for a Star Party within the next 2 weeks ? There is a great thread all about it here on SGL - it might be an idea to either book in or perhaps come along one of the evenings.

Hi, I am in Salisbury too, not too far from Old sarum so its qquite dark heere. trees obscure thesky quiteb a bit mind. Ref the locaal astro group...do you mean a Salisbury group? They dont even answer emails or phone calls, I thought the society was dead!

Anyway, where are yopu i wonder? Drop me a PM if you like, perhaps we could get together and take the scopes out onto the plain. I'll need a hand with my 16" Dob when its finished this winter!

David

Hants Astro. plus my club 'Solent Astronomers' have a observatory north of the M27 outside of Southampton... we have 2 viewing nights per month. And myself and another could always hook up if you like (anyone else in the Salisbury / Southampton / Portsmouth area welcome)

Rob

Archived