Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Skywatcher ST120

Ambermile

Well, some of you may know I recently "acquired" a Skywatcher ST120. Got my hands on it today and decided to do something with it. Stripped it down, remachined all the aluminium, blackened the objective rim, adapted an APM focuser (40mm more in travel, longer focus tube), got the tube resprayed British Racing Green and then knocked up a couple of focus knobs. Looks kind of cool now I think :D

Arthur

post-12835-13387732017_thumb.jpg

post-12835-133877320174_thumb.jpg

post-12835-133877320177_thumb.jpg

Nice knobs Arthur :D

:D Oh yes - Tom thought so too...

Proves we don't all have to have the same scopes, eh? Surprising when I went to Seething to collect the tubes after the respray and assembled it - nobody believed it was a Synta! It's fun to do this sort of thing, lets the artist in me out.

Arthur

PS - Nothing to do with me or Ambermile, but this respray service is available in *any* colour if anyone is interested?

I think they should follow the Henry ford principal, any colour you like as long as its b*"@# :D

Each to there own, who cares what colour in the dark, how it performs surely is more important 8)

naz

Very very nice Arthur, like the customisation, now that is another area you could look into :D

How about a large bore exhaust to match? :D

naz

:D Remeber the 102mm triplet I made the carbon fibre tube for? Guess what the tube *should* have been... :lol:

Arthur

Archived