Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Jupiter and moons 1 Aug 09

acharris77

Hi all, here is another attempt of mine to image Jupiter. This time I have caught the moons as well, or tried to. Also the ring in middle of my last pictures were caused by my 2x Skywatcher Barlow lens by the looks, as when I used my 3x Meade 4000 series barlow I had no ring in the center. Images below:

acharris77-albums-my-pictures-picture2374-jupiter-1-8-09-moons-using-toucam-overexposed-moons.jpg

acharris77-albums-my-pictures-picture2375-jupiter-1-8-09c.bmp

Thanks.

Thanks, I use a Skywatcher 130P syncscan, with a Toucam pro AVI captured using K3CCD Tools ver 1 with 100 secs then ran through Registax. It is only my 3rd try at imaging with a web cam and hoping to capture the moon tonight (clouds permitting).

Thanks again.

Well I've been trying to capture some planet images for a while and haven't yet been able to do any as good as yours. I use a Skywatcher 130p on a CG5 tracking mount with a Philips Toucam 840k then try and process them through registrax.

cheers

Neil

Hi Anthony,

Which Skywatcher barlow do you use, the 1.25" or the 2" ED barlow?

I ask because I have the 2" ED on order with FLO. If there is a problem with the 2" I may consider cancelling my order.

Cheers,

Brinders

Mine is only on a Alt Az mount, and I use a 3x barlow try and get the focus as close as I can on screen,

set capture 1/25

gain about 12 - 15%

then run for 100 secs

When processing I pick the clearest frame I can in the first 10 and then I use a 1024 area with auto processing on with a box of 128 for the frame around jupiter. then I set it align and it goes until I get to the wavelets and then I adjust it there until it looks OK and then goto final and tweak there.

It is very frustrating to get it right though. But keep trying and get the best image u can on the screen until u seen the bands, or as advised to me on here, turn the gain up and focus the moons, then drop the gain and make the planet dim. And use a barlow for the planet to get details. hope this helps.

Hi Anthony,

I have a Celestron C9.25 SCT mounted on an EQ6 Pro mount. I was after a better quality barlow than the TAL one I have that I could use with both my 2" and 1.25" eyepieces and for imaging with my Celestron Neximage.

Brinders

• 4 weeks later...

Very nice image of jupiter - i am using a 8" Dob with a 10mm EP but jupiter looks very white but i can see very feint. I there any way i can get better image ?

I have a 2x barlow but when i put it on i just get a blur ?

Regards

Very nice....I just get alot of white...one day I'll figure this out. :)

Maybe turn off auto exposure:confused: and play with shutter speeds (try shorter) until the planet is not so bright. It is also easier to focus:) apologies if you have already done this:D:D

Archived