SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

SORRY another new member from East Devon!!

Lunatone

Good evening all,

Many thanks to Steve for advising me of this forum - enjoying the look around!!

Not long been doing this as a past-time but am really hooked. Bought a LX90 EMC (8") from LCE in Exeter when they had their telescope day and Starry Night Pro V5.

Now have a nice setup although still working things out - would love to connect it to the laptop as I believe should be able to track and search with the Pro V5 and LX90 - just need to manually focus.

Hoping to get  a Barlow lens soon as some of the images I've taken of Jupiter could be a lot better via the NexImage I purchased.  Lots to learn and am enjoying the experience.

Enjoying the banter on the site and hopefully make new friends with a hobby that's addictive to say the least - just need more clear skies !!

Her's a pic of Jupiter taken on the 13th May - take a look - love to know if it's looking sort of right at least.

All the best for now,

Cheers, Dave.

East Devon.

post-12967-133877320132_thumb.jpg

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good Evening Dave,

[glow=red,2,300]Welcome to the Forum[/glow]

Yes this hobby is certainly addictive(over over 25yrs doing :D) and your off to a great start not only with the Kit you bought from LCE but also your Jupiter image is a nice one showing the bands nicely.

Hope you enjoy yourself here and everyones here to help :D

Regards

James

Welcome Dave to Stargazers, we know Steve is collecting allies around him incase of :D :D

Great gear there, good image as well for a first. Keep them coming

naz :D

Hi Dave and welcome to the forum. Good choice of scope, lots of potential there. The photo of Jupiter is excellent with good focus and the detail coming through. Looks like you are going to enjoy it here!

Hi All,

Many thanks indeed for the welcomes - very much appreciated!

I'm just watching the clouds at the moment to see if I can grab an hour later for some more Jupiter pics!!

There is some cloud rolling in from the west, so hopefully if I'm lucky may get a few minutes.

I'm working earlies all week so need to be finished by 2230 latest but then, even a 30 minute viewing is worth the effort.

Keeping fingers crossed - will post a pic if I'm lucky.

Best regards to all and if you're viewing tonight - Clear Skies all round.

Cheers, Dave.

East Devon.

Hi All,

Thank you for the posts, appreciate the comments on the Jupiter pic - I'm hoping to get a pic with the RED spot showing, it's all a matter of clear skies - and good viewing conditions but try each evening if it's not raining.

I'll certainly have a go again this evening - I was so chuffed when I turned basically a spot in the sky into the Jupiter pic via the equipment of course but so pleased to have captured a recognisable image.

Kain, yes you are correct - Lunatone is a Pokemon - my daughter chose it as it was related to both her favourite hobby (Pokemon) and mine (Astronomy) ! Must admit though Lunatone and Lunator could get confusing Gordon - I'll have to watch that!! Could always blame any spelling mistakes on my age (50) or my daughter for not picking another name like Lunatick!! LOL

Just heard the weather forecast which says it will be pretty wet over the next couple of days - good for those who need to fill their reservoirs at least I suppose.

Must get round to making up a signature too - will probably make up a logo too - need some more images of interest first though.

All the best to all,

Cheers, Dave.

East Devon.

Welcome Lunatone. This could get confusing.... lunator/lunatone

Try Daz, Gaz and Caz :D :?

And Naz!! (Sorry mate, forgot you!!)

Think we need a ban on names ending in 'az'... :? :D

Welcome Lunatone. This could get confusing.... lunator/lunatone

Try Daz, Gaz and Caz :D :?

And Naz!! (Sorry mate, forgot you!!)

Think we need a ban on names ending in 'az'... :? :D

I'll forgive you

this time :nono:

naz, aka nabban hopefully soon to be monsieur (not)

Hi Martin 2

I'm just south of Exeter - pretty dark skies when you can see them and they're not obscurred by cloud and rain :D

Thanx for the continual welcomes..certainly makes you feel very welcomed.

As I'm weekend off...I'm determined to see if I can grab another pic or two of Jupiter, and next on my list is Venus. It might be a late night tonight - come rain or not just hope the cloud clears a little if possible.

See you later folks,

Best regards,

Dave.

East Devon.

Archived