Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M57 with C8 @ F/6.3

rikyuu

Tried out my new Hirsch x0.63 focal reducer/corrector last night (£46 on ebay!) on my 'new' C8.

Here's a couple of my favourite M57, upcropped and cropped. Ony 14x20sec subs as my polar alignment was rushed. However, this is the best I've ever acheived. Can't wait to get into guiding......anyone got a GPINT to sell - see my wanted ad!! :) I've got everything apart from the interface.

Thanks for looking.

post-14666-133877388376_thumb.jpg

post-14666-133877388384_thumb.jpg

rikyuu, that is a great image. There is so much colour going on there! I really like the first widefield photo - it really illustrates just how tricky this little planetary nebula is to find! But what a reward when you do locate it.

Great work:icon_salut:

Many thanks Amanda.

I've just checked it on my home PC and it looks a little too red (especially the background) and perhaps a bit over sharpened in PS, I will try a little different processing on it, but pleased overall.

When I left off M57 at the start of the year, I was only capturing low resolution B&W images of it, so really pleased to be progressing with colour high res images.

Archived