Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NGC7380 - Wizard Nebula in Ha

GordonH

Hi all

Despite the lousy weather that we get in Britain, I have been able to get out and do some imaging, I thought I would have a go at this subject again as I had done it last year with the TMB and H36 camera which gave a very wide field shot so this time I used the BRC-250 and Starlight Xpress H9 which gave such a large image scale that the subject only just fitted in the frame. This is made up of 13x10 minutes guided using dithering. I had planned on much longer but the clouds came in at 2am and stayed so I shot some dark frames to use for the rest of the session. The earlier version that I did last year can be seen on he nebulae page of the image gallery on my website http://www.imagingtheheavens.co.uk for comparison

Thanks for looking

Best wishes and clear skies

Gordon

post-13589-133877388343_thumb.jpg

Hi Tim

Thanks for the comments, it is an Astronomik 13nm Ha filter as are all my narrowband filters, although I am planning to go to NEAF next year and while I am there get a set of 5nm Astrodons, I have since tweaked the image a bit to reduce the bloating on the brighter stars (see below)

Best wishes

Gordon

post-13589-133877388497_thumb.jpg

Archived