Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

1396 with added Ha.

ollypenrice

Now with 9 x 10 mins Ha to add to the 10x5 per colour, here is 1396. I do love this object so I will probably try to get round to some more RGB where the signal could be stronger. However, Andromeda is beckoning the Baby Q...

BTW, I had not really noticed how like the Rosette this is. I wonder if it is a similar system but less evolved? The centre is less fully 'hollowed out' by cluster radiation pressure, perhaps, and the ionization fronts are softer-edged. All guesswork, I stress.

Olly3761375513_273063b965_b.jpg

Awesome Olly, just awesome. Indeed, this one is very much like the Rosette. I'm about to post the Deneb mosaic with IC1396 added to it, you can see more clearly how Rosette like the overall shape is. Also, while the Trunk can be captured with moderate exposure, those faint outer areas you captured are really, really dim. In my mosaic you can see how dim this one is compared to say the NA nebula.

Daniel

Thanks for the encouragement, all. There's a lot wrong with this image, though. I have reprocessed it and got it a bit better but in essence I need at least twice as much RGB data as I have. This would mean not having to illuminate it so heavily with Ha. It's first on the list for when the moon goes. A rather anguished French imager posted something similar, saying that after so many hours he still had so little signal. That's the problem. On the net there are some great narrowbands but most attempts at RGB are plagued with noise. I'd really like to get a good one of this so I'm up for giving it as long as it takes.

Olly

Archived