Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NGC 281 The Pacman Nebula - in the REAL Hubble palette...

Tim

Probably would come through a lot better with more SII. That is the weakest emission in this one, there's hardly any trace of it after 1hr 40.

I'm thinking of doing this with my C9.25, maybe even at F10, to get in close on those details. Looks like it'll need very long exposures though.

Still looks good Tim. To me, the colors don't matter as much as the color and luminance detail. This is a false color palette anyways, not sure what would signify as "true" look in this case.

Btw, I just assumed Pacman was a bit green around the gills from partying a bit too much with Ms Pacman the night before. :)

Daniel

Just taken some 25 min subs, the SII is horribly dim, and not helped by the skies tonight. It hardly shows at all.

Interestingly though, when I just stacked the raw tiffs in Registar, the brown effect did come through a little. That doesnt happen the same with an unstretched image.

Paul, the SII layer for this was stretched to the max :) I have 5 x 25 mins form tonight to add in though

Archived