Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Eastern Veil - NGC6992/5 Mosaic

RichieJarvis

Hi All,

I've been working on this the last few clear nights - my goal was to capture 2 hours for each pane of Ha and OIII data, which I am pleased to have achieved :) Just spent the last hour processing and matching it all up. Method was to DDP the stacked Ha and OIII frames (x4), pull into photoshop, and merge them with a 10 pixel feather. I then saved both the mosaic'd Ha and OIII data off, realigned in MaximDL, and saved. I then ran both aligned mosaics through CCDSharp for 8 iterates of Deconvolution.

Whilst that was running, I pulled the aligned Ha and OIII data back into Photoshop, and combined them to form a colour layer. Ha was set to Red, OIII to Blue, and a blend of the 2 for Green. I then made a 'base' lumiance layer from the colour data by desaturating it.

Once the deconvolves were finished, I pulled these into Photoshop and blended with the base luminance layer using a Hide Layer mask. I then ran a High-Pass sharpen and blend, followed by a Smart Sharpen and blend.

I was left with a Colour layer and Luminance layer, which I adjusted using Curves to taste.

Pretty pleased with the result :D

2009-07-26-NGC6995-Ha12x600-OIII12x600-Mosaic-Process1-small.jpg

Full image details here

Thanks for looking,

Richie

Archived