Narrowband

Albireo

GordonH

Hi all

I had originally set out to do the Iris nebula in Cepheus and was over half way through the luminance data when some thick cloud came over and spoilt the session, this cloud stayed around for a while and by the time it cleared I didn't have enoug time to finish so I decided to have a go at Albireo as it only needed 1 minute subs and I could finish that before it got too light, I set the camera to do 40x1 minutes luminance and 15x1 each for red, green and blue. As it turn out the luminance data wasn't very good and made the image look worse so I only used the RGB data so this image is only 15x1 minutes per channel. It was taken with the Starlight Xpress H36 (not the best choice for such a small target but it was already connected up and the Takahashi BRC-250, guided by the M8C using dithering. I have enclosed a close up cropped section of the actual image, but if you want to have a look at the full image then it can be seen on my website Imaging The Heavens - Home Page under star clusters in the image gallery or for the full high resolution 10mb image then please go to Gordon Haynes's Photo Galleries at pbase.com

Thanks for looking

Best wishes

Gordon

post-13589-133877387877_thumb.jpg

Archived