SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

NGC281 - The Pacman Nebula in HST palette

Tim

The skies were not fantastic last night, but at least they were clear enough to add 2 hours of OIII data and 1hr 40min of SII data to the Ha image of the pacman that I grabbed the other week.

Finally stumbled across the settings that enabled me to guide using EQMOD, as I had blown up my autoguider interface earlier in the week. It seemed to work quite well.

Image captured with a WO72 + WO FFII. The whole imaging train, which is very compact and would easily ride on a HEQ5 went like this;

WO72 > FFII > TS OAG +DSI > trutech wheel > SXV H9. This might become my travelling kit I think.

I know not everybody is a fan of the Hubble palette, but there is nothing like it for revealing details in this type of nebula. I may add some RGB into the mix, I havent tried those filters yet.

R=OIII,G=Ha,B=S2 - in the region of 5 or 6 hours total exposure.

Thanks for looking.

TJ

post-14037-133877387806_thumb.jpg

You are probably still upset with the USB accident Tim.

The Image is quiite good, and I'm sure it will be even better when you reprocess it, if indeed you do reprocess it .

What I know of NB Imaging, wouldn't fill an Acorn, but some images I've seen processed using the H Palette, have been nothing less than spectacular. Probably not everyones taste, but it's not going anywhere I would say.

Ron.

Archived