SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Deneb, Sadr and Gienah, continuing the mosaic

minimalist

Thanks all for encouraging me to keep going at it, I am persevering in the face of increasing difficulty stitching all this together. I have added the area around Gienah, which includes the Veil, lovley object to put in perspective to the whole area. If you notice, you can now clearly see why one side of the Witche's Broom has fewer stars; that area has a pretty large dark nebula obscuring it, dunno if it's connected to the Veil remnants or not. Interesting though. Same setup as before, same exposure almost, this panel was 7h 20mins.

I have about half of the exposure done for the next one, which is below NGC700, and includes the Cocoon. :) I'll integrate it when it's done, should be interesting.

There's not as much red showing in this one compared with the last one, I'm still working on getting a good color balance. I have some odd artefacts in this one I can't fix, but overall I think the star colors have improved some more. Let me know what you think.

Ok this link is to a 25% reduction of the original, which is huge, a 25MP image.

http://2wcg2g.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pg7oj-Cb4aFyLBQRzytyeUYaO-Be_PAyybgplJ0vlA0699DVsEZczp8wTMGEqE6uqJYlXfqNBvQ7_5d2Wf41ivS84DJrzIy0i/Deneb%20Sadr%20Gienah%20small.jpg

This one is to a 50% reduction, where you can see a bit more detail in the Crescent and Veil. Warning, this is over 7MB to download.

http://2wcg2g.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pEd1U2mcFTsbltcXUBng3FeLR8inbzh0en1chgTfqr1jVUGjRBTpc3DO4S215mFKvTxBY0ewdwumlxt9Ku6D4cADbxacm9uK3/Deneb%20Sadr%20Gienah.jpg

Thanks again, and any comments and especially critique are most welcome.

Daniel

Daniel,

wow is all I can say! That is superb... this must have required such patience and perseverance. Really well done on it, great job. The witches broom area is looking fab, just as you say - very interesting :)

Fantastic work, keep at it, it is hard going I can imagine but just look at your results, amazing mate :D

Thank you very much everyone, I admit this is the most ambitious project I've ever done. I'm really glad I can share this with you, it is a big eye opener to me how much stuff there is going on in this area, and how all these objects relate to one another in space.

It is indeed a trial of patience, but I must admit I cheat a little since I have an obsy. The mount has automatic stops, so I can literally let it go all night, except for once to do the meridian flip. The post processing is indeed something to try the patience of a saint... which I'm not. :D

Ok, a little bonus. Fiddled with the half finished panel, and it's actually not as noisy as I thought. I was able to incorporate it into the mosaic tonight, and it came out well I think. Now you can see more of the area below ngc7000, centered on M39 (a fairly sparse open cluster, in the middle of that panel), and the little dollop of red with trailing dark tail is the Cocoon... kinda puts in perspective how small it actually is.

Anyways, hope you like this one, next stop, the Elephant Trunk area (ic1396) to the left of the Cocoon, sorta. After that, I'll shoot some more panels to fill in the gaps.

I reduced this as much as I could and still have some detail, but it is pretty huge, over 3MB in size. It's actually one third the resolution of the original.

http://2wcg2g.bay.livefilestore.com/y1p7_lC9vjBlpRNr6MsCQcdzgQ0W01g0wAMSK2X6PLyLTyXnAai706Y28_PhhrPrC6QQPQGr6a55Ua6lrZpbyP5tWlg68hjOVVa/Deneb%20Sadr%20Gienah%20M39.jpg

Enjoy! :)

Daniel

Archived