SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

M13 - Very happy

Vega

Third time I've imaged this object. Must be something to do with the fact its bright enough to frame in the dslr viewfinder without the need for endless test images! :D. It was also a test of how I get on without the CLS filter when going over 90 sec exposures (plenty of streetlights nearby). I'm very happy with the results and think I should put this one to bed now... maybe :)

10x 180 secs @ISO800, darks, flats and bias

250px, Canon 400D

Guided using PHD and Toucam Pro II (unmodded)

Captured and processed with ImagesPlus, tweaked in PS, Pixinsight

Thanks for looking

Matt

post-13313-133877387686_thumb.jpg

I can see why you are happy, that's an excellent image Matt. The globs take well to lower length subs thankfully, anymore than the three minutes you used and you would urn the core detail out. You have achieved a very nice, well baanced, image. Thanks for sharing.

Steve..

Sweet image, all coming together nicely. Good them CSL filters ain't they. I have the clip type, is that what you are using ?

This was a test without the CLS filter. I used no filters at all on this one. To be honest if it was lower in the sky, the CLS filter would be a MUST at my location.

For the core I used a less 'stretched' version of the same image and did a layer mask in PS to combine the two.

Matt

Looks very nice that one Matt. But dont put it to bed forever, you can add to this, there is always more to be got out of these globs, more colour, more stars, I just view them as an ongoing project :)

Again, good going on this one......so far :D

I still have a little conflict going on in my head when choosing between correcting the colour after using a CLS filter vs getting rid of Light Pollution but having natural colours in the target object.

Anything in the Southern sky and I have no choice, its CLS filter or a sea of Orange in the middle of my frame.

Matt

Matt, I have the same dilemma, and still not got a good answer for it. I did notice though that with galaxies, it's better to just leave it off and try to remove the orange afterwards. Otherwise it really messes up the star colors.

Daniel

Archived