SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Look what blew up!!!

Sam

ages and ages ago......

Last time I imaged this was about a year ago and at the time I thought it was pretty good - but really it was rather ordinary. I think I improved it this time. This is M27 also known as the Dumbbell Nebula, because it looks a little like a Dumbbell. While I was imaging it I was also onserving through the 16" Lightbridge and getting some great views - it a very bright nebula and big enough to be a really great object for observing.

As far as the image goes I'm really pleased I got the lobes and some of the red nebula (thanks to the modded 1000D!). Its 15 X 3 min exposures with the modded Canon 1000D. Guided with Guidemaster using a QHY5 through a pickyback mounted ST80. The imaging scope is a 8" Orion XT8 reflecter. All this mounted on an EQ6 Syntrek controlled by EQMOD.

The processing was done in PixInsight with some resizing done in Gimp. It seems like ages since I last had a chance to do some imaging so I'm glad I found a break in the clouds last night.

I hope you like it!

post-14099-13387738751_thumb.jpg

Nicely done...

I'm tryign to find my way round the sky with Stellarium again at the moment looking for alignment stars for tonight...well if these clouds keep shifting as quickly as they are at teh moment...

Its been such a long time since i was out last ...Probably get completely lost...

Peter...

Archived