Nexstar 102 SLT Help please!

:) Hi everyone,

I have been using my Nexstar 102 SLT quite happily with my location as London - because that is where I have been for the last couple of months. It suddenly occurred to me this morning I'd need to check how to change it to my new location, and the instruction booklet says I can enter the exact long and lat which is just as well because the closest place in the list is over 800 miles away! :D

However, I can't find anywhere instructions for how to enter the long and lat - and I've scrolled through ALL the menus and it just doesn't seem to be an option on the handset. People have mentioned in posts on here that they have done it - PLEASE could someone tell me how?

:p Thanks very much,

Liz

Hi Liz,

The information you require is on Page 14 of the User Manual - select Custom Site and enter the information there...

Heres the paragraph...

Use the Up and Down scroll keys to choose between City Database and Custom Site. City Database will allow

you to select the closest city to your observing site from a list of either international or U.S. location. Custom Site

allows you to enter the exact longitude and latitude of your observing site. Select City Database and press

ENTER.

If you have lost the manual its available in PDF form from Here...

Hope that helps...

Peter...

Archived