Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

My 1st NGC7000 American Nebula

Catanonia

My 1st proper attempt with my modded Canon 350D and Astromic CSL clip LP filter. Brilliant filter this.

Image comprised of 4 x 5 min subs with 4 x 5 min darks in DSS.

Not sure if I have got the orientation correct here and I really need to image a lot more data and at a wider focal lengt. Instead of my ED120, perhaps swap to the ED80 for a wider view.

Well managed to get some colours by the look of it and the baader filter and CSL LP clip are working nice together.

post-16631-133877387336_thumb.jpg

The 120 would do a nice close up of the Mexico region... Just popping out of the Right hand side of the Image... The ED80 would have given you a much better FOV to work with especially used in conjunction with a Flattener/Reducer...

Did you download CCDCalc and the Additional Images to use with it?

I find TheSky6 Professional invaluable in planning imaging sessions as you can accurately determine the framing using FOV indicators for your scope/barlow/Reducer/imager combois and decide what is the best combination for a given target...

Good advice mate. No this was a goto and focus session to test out the kit. Hence the reason for not switching to the ED80 as wanted to test out the CSL clip and new adapter I have for the 350D. Was also the 1st test of the baader mod in the 350D for me.

I do need to plan a bit more carefully next time. When I do this again it will be with the ED80 and push over to get mexico in a bit more. Maybe a mosiac eventually.

Can you recommend a flattener / reducer that will work with SW ED80 Pro II Gold and a modded 350D. So far the ones I have seen are only good for CCD imagers.

Cat

Trying to find soemthing to work properly with both scopes as its quite a focal range to cover...is the problem...

If you want to use the 120 again a very nice shot would be got by rotating the camera through 90 degrees and moving down to Mexico and the Gulf...

[ATTACH]25001[/ATTACH]

Can be tricky getting that nebula nicely oriented in the frame. I used to grab 60 secs or so at iso1600 and then stretch it to see whereabouts in the nebula I was pointing at. It's a bit, no, a LOT easier with a CCD though, with a more dynamic view.

You'll find the modded 350 and CLS filter to be a great combination. Try and get 2 or 3 hours of data though for these nebs, it really smooths them out and brings out the detail.

Nice going

TJ

Ok starting to really like NGC 7000 and can even see why it is called the American Nebula :)

Switched to the ED 80 and rotated a bit.

1st test image converted from RAW to JPG with only levels balanced uncropped.

just under 5 mins,

Certainly is a HUGE area of nebula. Would love to mosiac this area in super high detail :D

CLOUDS HAVE ROLLED OVER GRRRRRR

post-16631-133877387428_thumb.jpg

That's more like it! More of the same in order then.

If Mr Cloud would go back to bed with Mrs Cloud or even his mistress...... Annoying, got it all set and bang in they rolled. My normal targets, galaxies to the west are all clear as well to make it worse :)

LOL....

edit..... YEAH CLOUDS GONE :D

Oh i am having fun :p

Ok clouds now gone and the subs are coming in thick and fast every 5 mins :)

This area of the heavens, is well out of this world. Amazing region of sky, stuck for words.

Hopefully they will stay away for another 3 hours :D

Archived