SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

what do you think?

alxxx

Hi everyone

took the scope out cos they said it would be clear, well i hope it is where you are , here i have high cloud/haze so all i can see really is the moon and jupiter, so in my frustration i decided to see what my new camera would do when put up to the revelation, its a kodak z730, so as the title says what do you think, i havent done anything to the images except crop or resize, all images are eyepiece projection (26mm) on the automatic setting of night landscape.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

HI Steve, its the 8" one, and I'm still waiting for the tube rings that i bought to turn up, then it will go on the cg-4 mount that i have, anyway back to the pics , i am well pleased/surprised with the one of Jupiter i didn't think I'd get the belts, now if only i could hold the camera steady i wonder how much detail would be there, visually i can see the GRS and some finer detail in the belts when the seeing allows.

AL

Those Revelations are remarkable.

Getting detail like that in Jupiter from a scope on a Dobsonian mount is amazing.

The moon images show great detail that will respond well to processing.

Something that puzzles me: The Jupiter image shows quite strong CA (colour fringing) - blue one side, red the other. I wouldn't expect to see that from a reflector; CA like that is normally associated with Achromat refractors :scratch:

Suggestions anybody?

I thought that the colour fringe was caused by me not holding the camera flush with the lens and i was using 4x zoom or would that not cause the fringe?

AL

AL

Thats a great result from your camera and scope.

The full moon one is gorgeous

I bet someone will come along and tweak those pictures of yours.

Looks like your enjoying your 8" dob as much as I'm enjoying mine, what a bargain they are 8)

Mines on a CG5 at the moment and I'm getting some fantastic results so look forward to those

rings arriving.

The colour fringe on the Jupiter picture is I think the atmosphere shifting the separate colours.

When you get more to stack, Registax will sort that out for you

Thanks Jamie a fine job you've done there , i really must read the photoshop how tos, by the way how /what did you do?

also i only just noticed images 1+3 where the same, so I've just put that right :D

AL

I am very pleased with the way the shots came out, even more so after they had been tweaked (thanks again geppetto and Jamie), so it seems that not only is the revelation great value and performance, the Kodak isn't to shabby either, so i made a couple of good purchases that produce good results, I'm pretty chuffed really :D :D

AL

Archived