Moon!

Kain

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just taken another pic

moon0019hl.jpgI'm actually looking through a closed window at the moment, taking the scope outisde in a sec..

Oh and I just fon't jupiter too! but the floorboards keep making the scope wobble lol!

Kain

First advice is dont look though windows close or open if you can help it the gass in the windows will deff effect your views also the heat from your house is riseing thus cause's effects in your telescopes atomspherics.

You should see a big differance when you go outside.

James

planets0014gy.jpg

planets0034gb.jpg

These came out ok.

I managed to see Jupiter and 3 of it's moons (possibly 4 can't remember) I couldn't see any banding though, but I'm still getting to grips with the scope and the full moon is very close.. I couldn't find Saturn at all!

I'm really impressed with what I have seen, can't wait for tomorrow night now! Shame its getting abit damp now though..

Kain

It's a cannon powershot A70.

I really wish I could have found Saturn, I thought it was almost overhead, but when I found it on the scope it was just a star..

Any idea about the speckles they went after i shielded the streetlights away.. Or could the air have been getting damp?

Kain

Saturn won't e over head Kain not sure even if it's out at the moment tbh, the speckles yes sorry they will be reflections from the streetlights(Sounds about right).

The air does get Damp this cause's Dew to form on some scopes mirrors or lens Kain..

James

Yeah, me of all people know what the weather has been like.

Theres this nasty haze around at the moment, but we almost had a hell of a storm earler, but the CB was capped.

Could that have been the reason I couln't see the bands on Jupiter?

Kain

What a great start, well done Kain.

Don't forget to save these images and when you become a pro astro photographer

you can see where you came from. 8)

Another thing, imaging a full moon is very difficult to get right so you set youreself a

task with those.

If you can try again on say a quarter moon, image the terminator (part of moon between light and dark)

and you will get much better contrasty images.

Have fun :D

Oh I forgot to mention, while observing the moon, I saw something pass in front of the face quite quickly, could it have been satellite?

Kain

It most likely was a satelitte, it can be like Piccadilly Circus some times, with them the pesky things going across your field, just ask Ambermile :D

You have made a great start to observing and imaging, keep the questions coming.

naz :D

Archived