Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

DSLR camera's for Astrophotography

The fuji superccd is a great design for astro though, a pity they stopped making them.

Just a pity the tether software is quite limited.

TSED70Q, iOptron Smart EQ pro, ASI-120MM, Finepix S5 pro.

Yes - shame Fuji dropped out of the DSLR market. As you say the Super CCD arrangement was something quite different from Sony/Canon/Nikon contemporary offerings.

Also Fuji made a tasty full spectrum version from the factory- the IS Pro model which proved to be a great Ha imager with low noise- nice if you can get hold of one!

Fuji IS Pro DSLR @ ISO3200, NGC7000 in 159s

DSIR9836_noels_1024_zps3b59ff77.jpg

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oops! Sorry, Feral Rabbit, guilty as charged. I never looked at the thread dates. I'll get my coat...!

Thanks Dave in Vermont fir assistance. Ah! Vermont in October! You lucky Earthling!

Btw how do I get to list my equipment at the bottom of my posts??

• 1 month later...

I recently bought a Canon 1000 D on eBay through auction and paid £150. It's a great camera easy to learn and very versatile. I think £150 is a fair price but the more recent cameras of course fetch more money. I also bought the Canon 55–250 mm telephoto lens. I agree with Deneb that the Canon 1000D DSLR is remarkable value for money and should bring you lots of pleasure. I also bought a Hama tripod for it. The cheap one at £17 but it seems very sturdy and is proving very reliable. Have fun!

Archived