mains supply for celestron mount

red dwalf

does anyone know where i can buy a reasonably priced mains supply for my Celestron CG-5 GT GOTO mount, (not sure what amp supply i would need) or can you buy a cigar fitment that is attached to a mains plug that plugs stright into the mains supply ?

Thanks Rob

I'd say don't be fooled by complexities. You need a stabilized 12 transformer and these can be had from UK suppliers like (from memery) Tandy or any electrical/electronic supplier. They are a bit bigger than a mains plug but are along the same lines and they cost the good side of a tenner, or did. There is no need to buy fancy 'observatory power supplies' as I did. I use loads of these assorted cheapo things down here and they all work fine. You want one rated at abut 2.5 amps and one per application will nail it.

Olly

thanks OLLY, notice that you reside in France, when there the last 2 years on holiday, south Brittany, in the middle of nowhere, fantastic skys, you will have to pm or e-mail details of your holiday lets as i would love to go again.

cheers Rob

Archived