Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Added to my Bodes image

Catanonia

Broke my shutter release cable last night so was stuck with 30 second subs.

Anyway added to the 10 mins I had with another 70 or so mins worth of data.

Shot with SW ED120 Evostar and SW LP filter on 350D modded.

post-16631-133877386579_thumb.jpg

Excellent pic!!

Looking at your 5x2mins vs this, I can really see where the extra data has helped bring out the colours and details. Thanks for posting the comparison - helps me understand how much data needs to be captured to get good photos.

Now.. if only I had some clear skies!

This is much better those added minutes are beginning to show. M82 is just beginning to show it's red centre markings. Add some more if you can and see how much more it improves it.

Good work, thats coming along nicely.

These are actually pretty tough targets I think.

I once spent 13 hours on the pair, and still wasnt entirely happy with the final result.

So I think for your short subs you are doing pretty well with them.

However your are making the sky too black, which in turn destroys lots of faint detail.

This comes down to experience though, and becoming a bit more subtle with your processing.

Cool, will be interesting for you to see the difference in the subs from 30 secs to 5 mins.

You can easily get rid of satellite trails in the stacking process, I think people make too much of an issue with these.

What was the wobble from? Too windy or an equipment issue?

Cool, will be interesting for you to see the difference in the subs from 30 secs to 5 mins.

You can easily get rid of satellite trails in the stacking process, I think people make too much of an issue with these.

What was the wobble from? Too windy or an equipment issue?

me walking around the scope forgetting I had started to image :)

Archived