Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NGC7635 - Bubble Nebula

RichieJarvis

Hi All,

This image of the Bubble was a bit of a milestone. For the first time ever, Sam (my 18 year old) took an interest and wanted to do all the 'stuff' for gathering this data :)

So, after watching I, Robot, we went outside and discovered that the sky was crystal clear. Sam switched the cameras around, setup the scope, aligned it, setup guiding and got everything running. I then took the resulting data and processed it.

Very pleased with the result, and the chance to spend some time with the nipper :)

2009-07-18-NGC7635-Ha8x600-RGB6x60-process2-Small.jpg

Capture details here: South Common Observatory

Thanks for looking,

Cheers,

Richie

Judging by the result, he done it good Richie. Splendid Image.

It says 'Under Supervision' on the Obs Site. So you must have schooled him. I thought he would have shown some interest sooner, unless he had more important things to pursue.:)

Is he converted now then? Has to be pleased with this outcome

Ron.:)

He's a teenager - so anything you say is interesting is automatically rejected by the teenage brain....

I take it as early signs that he is growing up.... heres hoping!

I instructed him exactly what to push and what to do at each stage - but did the processing myself and showed him the result, which he liked alot. And so do I!

Cheers,

Richie

Very nice scaling to this Richie. The bubble seems to be a target that looks good in extreme widefield, or a nice closeup that you have produced here. Nice to see your 'apprentice' is picking up the skills from you as well.

Steve..

Archived